Yes I said it! Right across the shopping centre at Brent Cross is an area full of rides for all ages, a variety of food/sweet stalls and the show stopper; a very sandy beach. Complete with artificial grass, this urban beach is situated right in the heart of North London (pardon my geography) at the A5/A406/M1 intersection. “The beach @ Brent Cross” has so much to offer it almost feels like a holiday destination! You would definitely need more than a day to touch every part of the park.
It was mammy’s day out – 3 moms, 5 children and I can say we all had a blast. Though the “Baby Play” area was unsuitable for the year old boy in our group, he did enjoy playing in the sand and in the paddle pool. Also, we decided to bring in some sandwiches, fruits and biscuits just in case the kids needed to nibble so we didn’t get to try out the many food stalls around (I did spy a fish n chip stall) however we bought some yummy ice cream cones £2 per scoop which wasn’t too bad.
Due to the closeness of the shopping centre, we strolled across the road to have some pizza for dinner which was a bonus as the children were knocked out in the backseat by the time we got home and was straight to bed for them (well after a quick rinse down).
Some other points to note:
- Plenty of free parking
- £3 entry fee per head
- Free entry if you download the Brent Cross app and register (make sure you charge your device though, we learnt the hard way lol)
- Rides costs between 2 to 5 tokens per person
- £1.20 per token if paying by cash, slight saving if buying bulk i.e. 10 tokens for £10 ( also you can pay with card inside the park, minimum 25 tokens)
- Food can be bought with tokens
- Scheduled entertainment e.g. Brazilian dancers and stilt walkers on certain days – more detail on their website
Not much of a negative point but I would have preferred if the rides for smaller children were in the same area, would save us “buggy-pushing” parents time trying to locate suitable rides for this age group.
The beach is open till 2nd Sept so plenty of time to visit. For more detail check out their website here, and Facebook page for even more fantastic pictures.
Thanks for reading!